12.15.2010

Ham and Potato Casserole

 I am not generally great friends with the casserole. I have long felt that it was purely a Hodge-podge of ingredients that were never meant to go together with a 'cream of' soup mixed in. Generally they are just gross. This one is an exception! My oldest daughter LOVES this recipe and in fact, for years she requested this dish for her birthday dinner - but this year, she just informed me,  is going to be something different so I can post this now!

Ingredients:
10 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
1 10-¾ oz can Cream of Chicken soup
¼ cup butter, softened
1-½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1-pint sour cream
          Chopped ham

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Pour into a 9 x 13.  Bake for 45 at 350*.  Put extra shredded cheese on top before baking.



No comments: