12.01.2010

Cilantro Chicken

Eleven years ago when I got married I receive a cookbook from my new in-laws. It was full of recipes from their city that they love so much. Portland, Oregon. I really like this cookbook in the 3 months that I can cook out of it (December, January and February). Unfortunately Oregon has this weather that promotes warm, comfort foods - not so much in Arizona. Most of the year I am looking for recipes that require little or no oven/stove use and this cookbooks requires much of it. However, with December being tomorrow and the weather unusually cool lately, I decided to bust the book out early. So the next three days are all from Portland's Palate.

1 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/2 C. dry white wine
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed, washed and dried
4 garlic cloves
4 T. freshly-squeezed lime juice
1 tomato, skinned, seeded and diced.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer chicken to a casserole dish with a cover or a dutch oven.

Pour white wine into saute pan and scrape pan to remove any browned bits. Bring wine to a boil. Pour over chicken.

In a food processor or blender, combine cilantro and garlic. Mix well. Sprinkle over chicken and add lime juice and tomato. Bake. covered, for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

No comments: